Friday, February 11, 2011

Priceless

 
 
Again the night has the world in darkness
With myriad stars dotting the sky in brightness
Nowhere is there a trace of the day that’s gone,
A time to reflect on the things that’s been done.
 
Oh! This darken night so mysteriously beautiful.
But alas! It has flung challenges in bountiful,
And this feeble mind’s embroiled in countless thoughts,
For a helpless struggle against emotional current flowed.
 
The pangs of my emotions etched so deep within,
Confined to the cocoon of my pain; walls so thin.
Marooned with this vast nothingness all around,
Will the tearless cry of my heart wet the ground?
 
A drop of tear slid my cheek and fell down.
You are priceless dear not an item to be pawned.
Oh! In this painful darkness remorsefully I search
Your presence dear. Forever in my heart perched.
 
Dozen flowers can never be treasured my dear
I have but one (priceless) don’t leave my heart in tears.

1 comment:

  1. not bad, chief! the third verse made me read again, liked it. i thought the line 'Will the tearless cry of my heart wet the ground' is something like having made a soup out of boulder. powerful stuff in its simplicity.

    Yekivi

    ReplyDelete